Exchange Server 2016
This 3 day instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to administer and support Exchange Server 2016. This course is based on course 20345-1A Administering Microsoft Exchange Server.
We will be offering the most requested modules from course 20345-1A. You will learn to Manage, Monitor and Secure Exchange Server as well as other skills. Please see our outline below for the full course details.
Please contact us if you like to study the full, five day version of this course. We also offer a good range of Microsoft Official Curriculum Online / At Home courses including several Exchange courses.
This course is primarily intended for people aspiring to become enterprise-level messaging administrators for Exchange Server 2016. IT generalists and help-desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2016 might also take this course.
Students taking this course are expected to have at least two years of experience working in the IT field—typically in the areas of Windows Server administration, network administration, help desk, or system administration. They are not expected to have experience with previous Exchange Server versions.
Module 2: Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 servers
This module describes the built-in management tools that you can use to manage maintain and maintain Exchange Server 2016. The module also explains the features and functionality of a Mailbox server role and procedures for configuring a Mailbox server.
- Exchange Server 2016 management
- Overview of the Exchange 2016 Mailbox server
- Configuring Mailbox servers
Module 3: Managing recipient objects
This module describes the types of recipient objects in Exchange Server 2016, and explains how to manage these objects. The module also describes how to manage address lists and policies on the Mailbox server role.
- Exchange Server 2016 recipients
- Managing Exchange Server recipients
- Configuring address lists and policies
Module 4: Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 and recipient objects by using Exchange Management Shell.
This module provides an overview of the Exchange Management Shell, and describes how to use it to manage Exchange Server 2016 configuration and recipient objects.
- Overview of the Exchange Management Shell
- Managing Exchange Server 2016 by using Exchange Management Shell
- Managing Exchange Server 2016 by using Exchange Management Shell scripts
Module 9: Configuring antivirus, antispam, and malware protection
This module describes the key features and functionality of an Edge Transport server role in Exchange Server 2016. The module also explains how to configure message security by implementing an antivirus and antispam solution.
- Deploying and managing an Edge Transport server for message security
- Implementing an antivirus solution for Exchange Server 2016
- Implementing an antispam solution for Exchange Server 2016
Module 11: Monitoring and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
This module describes how to monitor and troubleshoot Exchange Server 2016. The module explains how to collect and analyze performance data for various Exchange Server recipients and objects. The module also describes how to troubleshoot database issues, connectivity issues, and performance issues.
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2016
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2016
Module 12: Securing and maintaining Exchange Server 2016
This module describes how to maintain and update an Exchange Server organization. The module explains how to plan and configure administrative security and administrative auditing in Exchange Server 2016.
- Securing Exchange Server with role-based access control (RBAC)
- Configuring audit logging on Exchange Server 2016
- Maintaining Exchange Server 2016